restrictions currently apply when visiting the Library – updated
4th January 2021
the Library will be open: Tuesday,
Thursday and the 1st & 3rd Saturday of the month with sessions from 10-12.30pm and
1pm-3.30pm. We will close at 3.30pm.
accordance with the NSW Health checklist for libraries, you must
provide your details for the purposes of contact tracing. This
information will be deleted after 28 days. On entry to the Library,
you will scan our QR code with your ServiceNSW app and your
temperature will be taken. We have hand sanitiser throughout
the Library and encourage you to clean your hands regularly whilst in
the Library. Masks are now compulsory in the Library,
social distancing still applies and the kitchen will not be available
appreciate your patience as we work under health guidelines.
have introduced an online booking system for computers, film readers,
fiche readers and reading tables at our Library at 2/379 Kent Street
Sydney NSW 2000. This allows us to manage our capacity and
undertake a full clean between each session. The kitchen will
not be available to members.
is essential to book a session to attend the Library (Level 2, 379
Kent Street, Sydney). You can email,
phone 02 9299 5151 (during
or make an online booking here.
Library furniture & equipment to give away
The SAG Library is reorganising its furniture and equipment holdings and would like to offer members in the first instance the opportunity to have items that are currently not required. The following is to be offered to anyone wanting these items for free if you are able to arrange pickup from the premises at 379 Kent Street. Please email email@example.com for further information and to arrange the pickup. See this link for images of the items listed below.
Our Library is located at 2/379 Kent Street. There you will find:
Click here to view a podcast showing how to Search the Library Catalogue
- family histories and biographies
- local & school histories
- birth, death & marriage (BDM) indexes for all states of Australia, New Zealand, England, Wales and some other countries
- shipping records
- probate records for many states of Australia and for England and Wales
- cemetery transcriptions and burial registers
- parish registers
- English, Welsh, Scottish and some Irish census records
- Family Search (Affiliate Library Access to images of digitised microfilms)
- access to the major commercial sites such as Ancestry, FindMyPast, The Genealogist, British Newspaper Archives, Discovery (National Archives UK) Biographical Database of Australia and much more
- access to over 2200 electronic databases covering both Australian and overseas resources
Our Library and Shop at Level 2, 379 Kent Street, Sydney, is open: By Appointment Only - see above
Wednesday - Closed
Saturday 10am-3.30pm - open every 1st and 3rd Saturdays of the month
We are CLOSED on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday and public holidays and there is no access on these days.