Our Library is located at 2/379 Kent Street. There you will find:
Click here to view a podcast showing how to Search the Library Catalogue
- family histories and biographies
- local & school histories
- birth, death & marriage (BDM) indexes for all states of Australia, New Zealand, England, Wales and some other countries
- shipping records
- probate records for many states of Australia and for England and Wales
- cemetery transcriptions and burial registers
- parish registers
- English, Welsh, Scottish and some Irish census records
- Family Search (Affiliate Library Access to images of digitised microfilms)
- access to the major commercial sites such as Ancestry, FindMyPast, The Genealogist, British Newspaper Archives, Discovery (National Archives UK) Biographical Database of Australia and much more
- access to over 2200 electronic databases covering both Australian and overseas resources
Our Library and Shop at Level 2, 379 Kent Street, Sydney, is open: By Appointment Only via this link.
Wednesday - Closed
Saturday 10am-3.30pm - open every 1st and 3rd Saturdays of the month
We are CLOSED on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday and public holidays and there is no access on these days.
Library furniture & equipment to give away
The SAG Library is reorganising its furniture and equipment holdings and would like to offer members in the first instance the opportunity to have items that are currently not required. The following is to be offered to anyone wanting these items for free if you are able to arrange pickup from the premises at 379 Kent Street. Please email email@example.com for further information and to arrange the pickup. See this link for images of the items listed below.