Search Library catalogue Search Archive catalogue
Take our Virtual SAG Library Tour
We have two collections, our Archives accessed through our Manuscript, Image, Digital Archive System (MIDAS) and our separate reference Library based at 2/379 Kent Street, Sydney. Both collections have online catalogues and we may be able to offer remote access services depending upon the items required.
Anyone can use our Library collection, but non-members pay a research fee of $10 per session when visiting the Library at 379 Kent Street Sydney. Bookings are essential as numbers are limited during COVID-19 restrictions.
General INFORMATION FOR VISITING THE LIBRARY
COPYING AND COPYRIGHT
- Members and visitors must register at reception on arrival and sign out when leaving.
- Membership cards or visitor badges are to be displayed when onsite.
- All bags must be stored in the lockers which are provided free of charge and only research papers can be taken into the Library/Archives.
- Only pencils are to be used when consulting manuscript material or using books.
- No alterations are to be made to any material, including changing, adding or removing information, or altering the order of material within an item. If you believe that information in a file is incorrect, please speak to a staff member who will explain how you can supply revised or additional information.
- Resource material must not be removed from the buildings.
- No smoking is permissible in either building.
- Mobile phones must be switched off or to silent and if it is necessary to answer a call this must be taken outside.
- In consideration of others, conversations between individuals should be carried out away from where research is being conducted.
- Children under 16 years of age can only be admitted into the Library/Archives if accompanied by an adult member or visitor.
- Volunteers are on duty to give advice and guide your research, but should not be asked to conduct searches which you can reasonably undertake yourself.
- All members and visitors are expected to treat volunteers and staff with respect; and will be asked to leave if their behaviour is not conducive to a safe and pleasant environment.
- Copying of any resource material, either digital or print, must comply with the current Copyright Regulations and be for personal research purposes only, unless special permission has been obtained in writing from us, and/or the Copyright Holder.
- Photocopies can be arranged with staff or volunteers on duty. Copies will be done for you and charges are applicable.
- Digital copies may be taken on your own camera, phone or tablet without charge but flash photography is not permitted.
- USB drives can only be used on designated scanners within the buildings. A daily fee applies to their use and copyright restrictions apply to any downloads.
- If you intend to use our resource material for purposes other than personal research, you should firstly consult with staff.
Image: Dubbo Town Band c1890s, SAG Manuscript and Image Collection, Item 6/1369